Are you starting out your business? or you have a few years under your sleeve? It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or a pro, the fact is that if you are running your own business, you also have to make sure that you are showcasing your best work.
The best way to do this? By having a website that allows you to have a thoughtfully curated portfolio.
There are many ways and options to curate a portfolio. For example:
Categories - with categories, you can separate your work in a nice and organized way. This allows the visitor and prospective client to choose what they want to explore.
Styles - Depending on your type of work and industry, you can also curate your portfolio by the style you are showcasing. It can be Romantic, Elegant, Classic, Modern, Minimalist - just to name a few. This type of categorization might be useful for event planners and florists.
Sessions - I love dividing galleries by sessions or couples. It's such a lovely way to present different styles and full weddings from beginning to end.
Now, remember that it's easy to dump everything in one place and call it a day, but it is not the best thing to do if you are looking to make an impact.
Keep these 5 things in mind:
- Select your best and most recent work.
- Be mindful of the images you select and the amount.
- Think about your audience and the type of client you are trying to attract. Your portfolio is the best way to reach them.
- Separate your work by type or category. This makes it easy for the user to navigate and choose what they want to see.
- Don't be afraid to truly curate certain things and feature them on your portfolio. In the end you are selling your skills and there's nothing wrong with showing off your best work!
One last tip - Don't forget to add a call to action for your prospective client to reach out. They've just seen your amazing work so we want to make it easy for them to know what the next step is!
Ready to enhance your business and attract your ideal client?? Then let's get in touch!